Series 23 Exam
What is a Series 23 Exam
The Series 23 Exam, or the General Securities Sales Supervision Module, is designed to test the qualifications of those individuals who wish to supervise or manager sales professionals within an FINRA firm. This is not a stand-alone exam and candidates must be aware of the required prerequisites before they register for the Series 23.
The Series 23 Exam focuses on testing individual knowledge in the areas of:
- Overseeing Investment Banking and Associated Activities – 25 Questions
- Management of Trading and Marketing Activities – 29 Questions
- Managing Firm Office – 16 Questions
- Supervising Sales Activities, Managing Employees & FINRA Regulations – 19 Questions
- Rules of Financial Responsibility – 11 Questions
The Series 23 Exam is a 100 question multiple-choice exam that must be completed within 2_ hours. This exam is administered year round at Prometrics and Pearson testing centers and costs $95.00. Please note that the $95.00 only covers the cost of the exam and there will be other fees involved in the testing process. Successfully passing this exam requires a score of 70% or better.
SecuritiesCE Explains Series 23 Exam
Please note that individuals wishing to sit for the Series 23 Exam must have a 9/10 license.
Also while this exam is available year round, it cannot be taken on Sundays. Please keep this in mind as you schedule your test and choose your testing location.